Hunt Springs Baptist Church Core Beliefs
We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God.
- That the 66 books of the Old and New Testament were inspired by the Spirit of God as originally written
- That the Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and conduct
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal Persons, the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity of our Lord Jesus Christ
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory
- In His work of creation, in His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death and bodily resurrection
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry and personal return
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the absolute and essential deity, and in the personality of the Holy Spirit
- Who convinces of sin, of righteousness and of judgment
- Who regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ
- Who baptizes believers at conversion into the Body of Christ and bestows upon them His gifts sovereignly as He wills and fills those yielded to Him
We believe that Adam was divinely created in the image of God
- That by the sin of disobedience he fell from that state
- That all his posterity inherited spiritual depravity and defilement
- That all men therefore are guilty before God and condemned to physical and spiritual death
We believe that salvation is by the sovereign grace of God
- That by the Father, Christ voluntarily suffered a propitiatory death
- That justification is by faith alone in the all-sufficient sacrifice and resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ
- That those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and ultimately perfected in the image of the Lord
Proclaiming Jesus freely, we expect to see people coming to Him from everywhere.
- Preach Jesus
- Follow Jesus
- Serve Jesus
By sharing His compassion with others inside and outside Hunt Springs. We invite you to serve in accomplishing our mission.
HUNT SPRINGS CHURCH COVENANT
- Having been led by the Spirit and receiving the gift of grace from God, we were convicted of our sin, have repented and submitted through faith with our heart and confessed with our mouth Jesus as Lord and Savior. Having been baptized, by emersion in the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit, we do now pledge ourselves to God and to each other to engage in worship, learning, fellowship, serving, and evangelism as follows:
- To commit to a daily time alone with God.
- To protect the unity of the church by regarding others as more important than myself.
- To avoid all aspects of gossiping.
- To respect those called as leaders, because they are accountable for perfecting and equipping me for service to God in Christ Jesus.
- To share the responsibility of being a witness to Christ, through sharing my testimony, praying regularly, inviting the unchurched to join us, and warmly welcoming all who enter.
- To serve the church’s purpose, by discovering my gifts and talents, by developing a servant’s heart, while serving alongside our pastor.
- To support the testimony of our church, by attending regularly, living a godly life, giving regularly, and getting involved in the church’s ministry.
- To protect the church against false teaching, by committing to and following the Baptist Faith and Message of 2000.