by: Wesley Thomas
HuntSprings’ March News Letter
From the heart and desk of Pastor Wes,
Please carefully read and intentionally pray for the 12 points of interest that I have listed below. These concerns both supply you with information and are personal prayer requests from your pastor to you. These prayers are for the purpose of spiritual maturity in our church and her members.
- 1.Pray for Tatum Morris. She was born premature in December. She must undergo surgery February 23. The surgery will last about 6 hours, as the doctors repair an area of her skull that did not fully develop. Mona and I know her family and Mr. Fred and Mrs. Carolyn just meet Tatum's great grandpa, who called and asked for prayers.
- 2.Pray for the Whitfield family. Bradley Whitfield (26 years old) will be buried February 23, at 1 pm., at Bell's Chapel Church.
- 3.Pray for Billy Graham's Family and our nation. Billy Graham's ministry has been a constant cry out into the darkness of our nation, for the lost to repent and receive forgiveness and begin a new life with Christ. The Millions, who have responded to Pastor Graham's preaching is the reason our nation and world is not in worst shape than it is. Yesterday, I know Billy Graham heard his master say, "Well done my good and faithful servant." Revelation 14:13 says, "Blessed are those who die in the Lord from now on.' Yes, says the Spirit, 'so they will rest from their labors, since their works follow them.'"
- 4.Pray for Mrs. Ruth and Mr. John Messimer. Pray for God's guidance and intervention.
- 5.Pray for our Hope for Hunger ministry. We will be providing hot meals February 24, at the Bread of Life.
- a.Remember we serve Christ by serving others. We prepare and provide meals so that those in need may know that God remembers them, He hears their prayers, He knows their situation, He loves them, and provides for their physical needs. The smile on your face can remind them that God, who provides physical needs, has provided for all our spiritual needs in the person of Jesus Christ.
- b.This Saturday is an opportunity of a lifetime. As you prepare and provide meals for the hungry stomachs on 3rd street, God wants to feed your soul with a new revived vision of Himself in Christ Jesus and He offers you an opportunity to walk closer with Him.
- c.How can you make this Saturday different from your past Saturdays? Ask God (pray) to help you become the person He saved you to be. Christ died to make us new creatures I know that Christ's death has paid for more than what you and I are this morning; therefore, I pray we become more like Jesus today. "Indeed, everything is for your benefit so that, as grace extends through more and more people, it may cause thanksgiving to increase to the glory of God. Therefore, we do not give up. Even though our outer person is being destroyed, our inner person is being renewed day by day. For this momentary light affliction is producing for us an absolutely incomparable eternal weight of glory. So, we do not focus on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal" (2 Corinthians 4:16–18).
- 6.Pray for our finances. God has provided, God is providing, and God will provide. We have had some unusual expenses along with our normal missions and ministries.
- a.The unusual consecutive days below freezing amounted to a $2000 gas bill.
- b.Three areas in Fellowship Hall were attacked by termites. God provided a company, who are defending and defeating the invasion. The Bug Guys completed the work at half the cost of our lowest estimate, but we still had an unexpected $1100 bug bill this month.
- c.Easter is coming early this year, so we are preparing for Hope for Appalachia a month earlier than usual, in the midst of these other expenses. Our Appalachia Goal is $1500, which does not include personal sacrifices of time and money our team will spend to go on mission for God. I thank everyone who give so unselfishly.
- 7.Pray for our Easter Services. March 18, at 11 am., we will have an Easter Play during our regular Morning Worship Service. The play will last for 45 minutes, so including housekeeping we should be out by 12 pm.
- a. Please invite someone to attend with you, as we are reminded how much it cost for us to enjoy our Resurrected Life, in Christ. "For you know that you were redeemed from your empty way of life inherited from your Fathers, not with the perishable things like silver or goal, but with the precious blood of Christ, like that of an unblemished and spotless Lamb" (1 Peter 1:18–19 CSB).
- b.Pray that those you invite will join us. Offer to meet them at the door or in the parking lot. Pray you will remember to invite someone and God will provide you with an opportunity to invite someone. "And let us watch out for one another to provoke love and good works, not neglecting to gather together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging each other, and all the more was you see the day approaching (Christ is coming again to reward us with what we have done with the new life He has given us)" (2 Corinthians 10:24–25).
- c.Invite your guest back to join us on Easter Morning, April 1, at 9 am. At 9 am., we will meet in Fellowship Hall, read the Resurrection story, eat a sausage biscuit breakfast. At 10 am., We will have our Easter Service in the Sanctuary.
- d.On March 25, we will commission of Appalachia Mission Team at the close of the service.
- 8.April 2, our hope for Appalachia mission team will be leaving for Kentucky. Begin praying for them now. They will return April 5. Sunday, April 8, our mission team will give a mission report testifying to how your generosity impacted the Kentucky mission field, with the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- 9.April 28, we will Impact the Asbury community with the gospel of Jesus Christ, by planting Cool Water Cowboy Church, at 1852 Asbury Church Road Sanford, NC 27330. The Saturday Kick-off Event will consist of Food, Fellowship, Gospel Singing, and Preaching of the Gospel. Tuesday night, May 1, the first regular service will be held at 7pm. Please pray for God's direction in the planning, and that He will work mightily in us to accomplish HIs mission and plan of redemption for this community.
- 10.I am praying for each and every one of you. Colossians 1:28–29 reminds us of the reason we minister: "We proclaim [Jesus], warning and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present everyone mature in Christ. I labor for this, striving with his strength that works powerfully in me."
- 11.Pray for one another. See each other faces and call each other by name as you ask God to transform us into the children he saved us to become. We have been saved by the blood of Christ to Mature into Christians, who reflect the image of Christ.
- 12.Pray for Joy Baptist Church. They are fasting this weekend, as they prepare for revival. Their revival begins Monday, at 7 pm. You are all invited to attend, any free evening you may have available. I have dear friends, in their 90's, who will be fasting and asking God to let them see Joy Baptist Church revived one more time.
"Finally, Brothers and sisters, rejoice. Become mature, be encouraged, be of the same mind, be at peace, and the God of love and peace will be with you. Greet one another with a holy kiss. all the saints send you greeting. The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of the Father, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. . . Now to Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen" (2 Corinthians 13:11–13; Jude 24–25).
In Christ, Pastor Wes
Hunt Springs Baptist Church
1557 St. Andrews Church Rd.
Sanford, NC 27332